School is well underway and what better way to bring in the new school year than to share some of the best “back to school” recipies for parents.
Below is a full list of easy to prepare lunches, dinners, and snacks that will last you all school year.
This recipe is sure to be a favorite with your kids; it’s delicious and is great hot or cold. Your child will be thrilled to find this in their lunch box!
The ingredients you’ll need are:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (1.27 ounce) packet fajita seasoning
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Check out the full recipe here.
Broccoli and Tortellini Salad
A broccoli and tortellini salad is a healthy option to put in your child’s lunch and it’s pretty simple to make!
Check out the list of ingredients below:
- 6 slices bacon
- 20 ounces fresh cheese-filled tortellini
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3 heads fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
Find it here.
These are easy to make and little snacks or an entire meal. Make a lot the night before and you can use them for multiple lunches!
The ingredients include:
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 10 (12 inch) flour tortillas
Get the recipe here.
Chicken Chili Soup
If you want to make some soup for your kids, here’s the recipe for you!
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 3/4 pounds diced chicken breast meat
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans with liquid
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Add all ingredients to list
You can find the recipe here.
These cute bite-sized pieces of food are reminiscent of muffins and will be a hit with your kids; they won’t want to trade them for anything!
Check out the ingredients:
- 6 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons salsa
Recipe is here.
Peanut Butter and Apple Sandwiches
The simplest recipe you’ll find on this list, but also nutritious and tasty!
Here’s all you need to make it:
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter, or to taste
- 1 small apple – peeled, cored and shredded
Here is the recipe.
Rainbow Rotini Salad
Another favorite pasta salad, your kids will adore finding this salad in their lunchbox!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 (16 ounce) package colored rotini pasta
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
Get this recipe right here.